Monday, December 6, 2010

Mama's Night Out


I got invited to a Mama's night out and joined the MAMA TRIBE 2010.
I received an evite with a picture of some very sexy high heels stating that it was time to leave the kids with Daddy and head out for a night of restorative yoga at inYOGA Center. This place was amazing!!! What a studio, with amazing bathrooms including a shower. It has a great boutique fully stocked with clothes incense, jewelry and of course anything you might need for a class of Yoga. Fantastic furniture. A dinner table that I would die for, perfect for my huge family and made of solid wood. Leather chairs I also wish I could have, big enough to share, which I did, or snuggle up with a blanket and read for hours. The studio offers teas, water and tangerines for the patrons. The actual studio was huge and so beautiful. I urge you to check them out. They are located in Valley Village and have classes for everyone and every level including prenatal and I am sure you can guess mommy & me classes. www.inyogacenter.com They have an amazing promo right now for all new inYoga students $30 for 15 days unlimited yoga. 

It started with mamas coming in one by one, can anyone believe I arrived on time and actually early. I was the first one there and saw the gifts lined up. All the moms were so friendly and nice and before long we were sharing parenting stories. It was incredible to be surrounded by all these moms. I had never joined any mommy and me classes so this was an entirely new experience for me. Caitlin Reid was our yoga instructor. She stayed late for our private party and lead our class that started around 9pm. She was really amazing, it was a beautiful class, she played close attention to our form especially to the pregnant moms, offering modifications in poses if needed. It was a class filled with mommy energy, and at the end of the class I felt entirely relaxed and and felt disappointed for not practicing on a more regular basis.


This was followed by healthy treats like Vietnamese spring rolls, Thai papaya salad, crispy egg rolls fried in grape seed oil and Mexican hummus with pita bread. We were asked to bring a bottle of wine to share. Oh and these ladies brought some excellent wines. Each wine glass was given a pretty blue circle with a stick back that you could hand write your name and attach to your glass. I really enjoyed myself talking it up. I was not the first or the last to leave and if you are a mom with a toddler you can understand just how tired you can be by 11. To top the evening off we were gifted a incredibly wrapped set of handmade earrings by CheliJewelry Cheli Jewelry.com. Check out the pictures. Wow!







I was told that these go with any skin tone &  outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment